Houston, Texas is a very cosmopolitan city per se. And the reason for being the number one fattest city is the variety of great restaurants it has. The restaurant business is booming in this city, there is always a new restaurant coming up in every neighborhood.
Here is a list of the restaurants by category:
- Houston’s: This restaurant is known for their juicy steaks and great baby ribs.
- Nit Noi : One of the various restaurants in the Rice Village, the ambiance of the place is fantastic.
- Thai Choice: a small Thai restaurant in the Westchase area. The food is great and the service is with out question one of the best. Some of the extraordinary dishes are peanut chicken and their egg custard sticky rice.
- Kim Son: One of downtowns biggest locale, it is a great spot to celebrate events; one of Houston’s favorite is graduation dinners
- Myako’s: This sushi restaurant is becoming one of the hot spots for young professionals. They have a great happy hour combination from 5pm-7pm, where sushis are only a dollar.
- Goode Co: If bar-b-que is what you are looking for than this is the place to be. The atmosphere is very laid back and the food delicious.
- El meson: This is fusion cuisine a mix of Cuban and Tex-Mex, where everybody can find something to enjoy. Their ropa vieja and paella’s are must to try. They are also located in Rice Village.
- Mykonos- This is a traditional Greek place. When you arrive at the restaurant you are greeted with the warmth and friendliness of typical Mediterranean style.
- Once a meal: This restaurant is located between Montrose/Shepard area and downtown. The incredible thing about it is that is open 24 hours.
- Pavani: this is a typical Indian cuisine, where you have to be hungry to start with. It offers a full buffet of the delightful northern Indian gastronomy. They offer from chicken tikka-masala to saag paneer.
- D’amico’s: If you want to taste authentic Italian this is the place to go. It is a little restaurant in Rice Village half restaurant and half market where you can buy prosciutto and buffalo mozzarellas to bring home.
- Vincent’s: This restaurant is great for a family environment. The food is good and you can bring the kids. The appetizers are a great way to start the meal experience.
- Ninfa’s: Mama Ninfa’s is one of the Houston’s favorite; the fajitas’ are amazing and the margaritas to die for.
- Empire Café: One of Westheimer’s little gem. Empire Café has delicious cakes and desserts, but their sandwiches are pretty first-class as well.
- Black Lab: English cuisine in a pub environment- they have a great potato soup and ploughman’s lunch, also they have a fine wine collection.
- Café Brazil: this is a cozy little place where you can grab coffee or a beer and enjoy their independent music bands and the art on the wall, which changes every week.